Monday, September 17, 2012

Day 1

Originally, my day was going to be this:

Wake up whenever I feel, lay in bed until noon, then get up and see what's going on, being shy and not really doing much other than read.

However, this was not the case.

I woke up at 9, then headed up to the main house to get something to eat. No sooner had I stepped in the door, I was asked if I wanted to go to the farmers market with some people who live there.

Of course I said yes, and off we went. It wasn't a long ride, and we got there pretty quick. Once there, we began to look around, shop for veggies, and say hello to friends...

I was drawn to the marimba music, and let me tell you, it was amazing. Maybe 6 or 8 people, men and women, kids and adults, were all banging away one marimbas of varying sizes. I was amazed at the range of noise they could create, and get to flow together... Quite something...

I was used mostly as a pack animal that trip, being handed bags of groceries to move back to the car, and I enjoyed every minute of it. I got a chance to explore the market all on my own, and look at all of the interesting things for sale.

When we got back, I asked about any good walks in the area, was pointed on one, donned my hat and Camelbak, and set out for a little 10 minute walk.

Once I returned, I was told a group was going out to either the warm pond (volcano heats up some pools) or to some other tide pools, and  I was asked if I wanted to go.

What do you think I said?

We end up going to the tidepools, so I bring my snorkel and water shoes, but in my haste forget my book... Hindsight is always 20/20, I guess....

Snorkeling is much easier today, as I've got the hang of it, I think. Lots of fish, and colorblind me is amazed at the color of them!! Blues and reds and yellows, oh my!

So, I finish with the swimming, and I lay down to maybe nap... But instead of getting rest, I get a sunburn... Such is life... More sunscreen next time...

We get back, I get some aloe (I asked for some, was directed to the aloe plant and machete), then sit down and have some food, and do a little reading. I start The Giver, and 2 hours later (1 hour spent socializing and talking about space and Argentina) I put it down, finished with it. What a book.

So, there I am, sitting there, when Michael comes over to me, and tells me the plan for tomorrow.

"We're jumping in feet first tomorrow," he says "we begin the day with some yoga at a quarter to 6."

Whaaaa...

So, Even though it's only 9:30 on the nose, I'll be turning in for the night soon.

It's gonna be a looooong day tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment