Friday, September 14, 2012

Lack-Lister

Really, what happened...

Today was my last day at home, and so it was understandable that I was a bit sad during the morning hours (the ones I was awake for, anyways.) I have a theory. My theory is this: My body has been messing with me sleep-wise, making em stay up until 4 in the morning these past for nights, and then waking up at noon or 11 (though I do that normally). My thoughts are that my body has been training me for the time difference of Hawaii. 3 hours back, it hears? Better set him 3 hours ahead, to kick jet lag in the face.

More on that if it works or not...

So, after waking up, eating breakfast, and doing other mid-morning/afternoon things, I finished up my packing, and then we set out to deliver Ben to dad's office.

This made me sad, as I was forcibly reminded of the hard fact that dad wouldn't be there to send me off tomorrow.

So goodbye's were said, and we headed down to the East Bay, where we are spending the night at my grandma's house.

We get there, and I see that my favorite dinner, chicken paprikash (Hungarian blood in the family makes for amazing meals) is being made.

My aunt come over, and I'm expecting the next knock on the door to be Barrett and Eliana (uncle and cousin, respectively).

I am SHOCKED (read, the happiest man on the planet) to see none other than dad and Ben stroll through the door. Turns out, after seeing how sad I was last night, my incredible mom decided to convince my equally incredible dad to drive Ben and himself through the rush hour traffic, to stay the night too. Eliana and Barrett came next, and I was just as glad to see then, however expected they were :)

The day ended with an amazing dinner of a strange mix of Hungarian and Chinese food, and was all around enjoyed by all.

I have the best family :)

So, I'm all set for tomorrow. Packed bags, wallet, iPhone, it's all here. Only thing missing is the lists of things i was excited for, but that can come later, when I know what's in store...

The next entry will be set in Hawaii, barring another extravaganza like last time (I had the best names for blog posts EVER back then).

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment