Saturday, September 15, 2012

Whirlwind

Today was the most amazing thing ever.

So far today I've had so much happen, I don't know where to even start!! I'm sitting in a lovely chair as I write this, with the Hawaiian sky glaring me in the face.

I'll start with the beginning. It seems like so long ago...

Enough with the dramatics, you must think, we want action!! And action you will have...

I wake up today at around 7:20, at the behest of dad, who says we really need to go. So I awaken to the best of my abilities, shower on the west coast for the last time, and then we head to the San Francisco Intl. Airport.

Everything goes as expected, I check in, get to gate, get on plane.

The everything changes, on account of the person sitting next to me...

Who was it, Harry?, you ask...

Was it a hot girl who wanted to talk?

Nope, better...

Was it TWO hot girls who wanted to talk?

Even better than that, my friend.

No, could it be upwards of 10 Hot girls who all wanted your attention above all else and then gave you their phone numbers??!?!?

Better still.

Then what??

Nobody. Nobody was next to me, and so I got not only the window seat that I wanted, but ALSO double the usb chargers (iPhone and headphones) AND i got twice the legroom, provided i put my legs out to the side, not a big deal.

Paradise achieved, or so I thought. Only downside was the honeymooning couple in front of me who made out 98% of the flight... Kids these days :P

So the flight was suuuuper good, I listened to my audio books (Dresden files #5 and Fallout: Equestria) the whole way, and we were there before I knew it. I get to my terminal, talk to mom to tell her I'm okay and give Toby an elder sorcery hug.

Then, I sit and wait for my next flight. When the time comes, I notice I don't have a boarding pass, as when I should've gotten it at SFO, it never came...I hope it isn't a big deal, and step forward.

It is. After talking with the lady, I'm running around the Honolulu airport frantically looking for the check in desk, and not finding it. So, after calling dad in a panic, he convinces me to just go for it, and so I show my ID, I get angry looks, but I eventually get on the plane.

Not as good a ride, but it's only 50 minutes.

End of that flight, however was the worst. Somebody didn't notice my head was there, ad opened up one of the storage compartments right into it, breaking the "play" button on my headphones, not to mention smacking me in the head... She apologized, but now I'm down headphones...

So I was understandably bummed out. I collect my bag, and shamble off to the pick up, where I remember that I never gave Michael (the man coming to pick me up) my number, or what I look like. So I freak out, but only for a few minutes, as when a car drives up, it's driver gets out and says this: You look JUST like your dad!

It's him, and everything is good. He has along his girlfriend, and no sooner had they picked me up, than they told me we were going snorkeling. This is new to me, as I had just gotten off of travel mode, and to add to it I've never snorkeled before.

We get there, and I get the lesson, and very quickly learn the first rule of snorkeling.

YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT SNORKELING.

In all seriousness though, the thing to watch out for is the coral, as if you touch it, it dies...

So there I am, looking in the water, trying hard to breathe, and all i can see is this: blur, blur, mouthful of water, blur blur...

Then Michael tells me how to clean my mask, and POW!! all of a sudden, so many fish!! Right there in the water!!

Warm water, mind you, the best kind.

So anyways there I am swimming with the fishes, and a turtle, and more fishes, and HOLY COW so many colors of fish!!

I trust you sense a theme here?

We get out after about 30 minutes, so I won't burn, and then make the trek back to Polestar.

About 40 minutes later, here we are.

And it's paradise. It is so beautiful, and warm, and there are cats and solar panels and REALLY TALL grass...

The cats are named Sita and Kitty Cat, and I am friends with both of them.

I think.

So, I was led to the tent that'll server as Casa Hare-day, and got settled in.

And now I'm sitting here, writing this.

Holy crap, what a day.

Until next time...

Aloha...

5 comments:

  1. Aloha!
    Sounds like you're off to a great start now that you have landed.
    Where are you on the Big Island?
    My stepson and his family live in Pahoa. I love it there!
    Aloha!

    Mrs. F-W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great way to start.

    ReplyDelete