Friday, September 14, 2012

Last night

And (almost) everything went as expected.

Today was... interesting, to say the least. Woke up at 10, to get to an 11 o'clock haircut, but when I called to confirm it, they said noon. better for me, I guess...

So I look fabulous now. Well, i have less hair, but it's basically the same thing, right?

So, I get home, and there's a box waiting for me on the porch! It's a new hat!! Gaben would be proud... Adding to my recently purchased sunglasses, I am now dressed for sunny weather.

So I go about my day, freaking out over the tiniest of things, but I'm used to that by now... I hate transitions...

The day goes by normally, Minecraft, Reddit, Facebook, the usual... Until right before dinner, mom send me out to feed the animals. I do this often normally, so I thought nothing of it. I walk down to the pasture, go into the feed shed and ready the buckets of feed. I go out of the shed, and turn around to zip up the door. When i turn around, there's a horse right there. Weed (the horse) and Cassidy (mini donkey) have just leisurely strolled out of their pasture, somehow opening the gate with their minds...

So I kinda freak out, but with mom's help, we manage to corral them back home.

And not a single sweat was broken that day.

After that minor fiasco, we all sit down to what i expect will be one of my last meals for a while with meat. Polestar is a lacto-ovo vegetarian community, so the bacon cheeseburgers were a welcome addition to my mental state.

Then, after dinner, mom and I set to packing all of my stuff into my suitcase. it seems to be ready to pop at any moment, but for now it's holding.

Toby and I play a few games of magic, and then, the worst part of my day happens.

As I'm saying goodnight to mom and dad, dad says: "See you in November!!".

What.

You see, up to that moment, I had thought that he was going to see me off at the airport, with me until the last steps...

But no, he has to work, and so will be staying at home with Ben.

That shook me up really hard, and, just thinking about it, I'm on the verge of tears. We had a very nice goodbye, but I really wish someone could have told be before now. Sudden goodbyes are the worst kind.

But then I played magic with Rysa and Toby, and all was well again.

I'll see how I'm feeling tomorrow, but until then, I need to get some sleep for the last night at my house until mid November.

Woah. I just got chills...


No comments:

Post a Comment